Trapezoidal Metal Profile sheets with strong and reliable shear bond performance which is augmented by cross embossing located in the profile. The composite floor profile are ultimate in the light weight steel decking, and this reduces concrete usage providing a cost effective and alternative floor solution that easy to install.
The floor is constituted by a profiled Metal Deck sheet onto which a layer of concrete is poured. The GI decking sheet is bonded to the concrete by means of mouldings on the sheet which stops the concrete from slipping horizontally and detaching vertically. When the concrete is poured, until it has reached an appropriate level of hardening (stage 1), the weights of the concrete, personnel working and equipment used is borne by the sheet alone. Once the concrete has hardened (stage 2) the sheet and the concrete form a unified bond.
- Reduced Concrete usage: Tensile steel for composite slab construction that cuts down on slab thickness and dead weight of buildings. Providing a more sustainable solution and reducing costs.
- No separate formwork required for slab casting.
- Reduces construction time.
- Technical department at Alfa offers comprehensive advisory of service on design of composite flooring. Should any query arise which is not covered by this literature, please contact us.
- High tensile structural grade steel
- Coating Mass 120, 180 & 275 GSM
- Coating Standard IS : 277
- Yield Strength 240 MPA / 350 MPA / 550 MPA
- Premier Coating Minimum 10 Microns
- Colour coating Premier 10 Microns Bottom 25 Micron
SECTION PROPERTIES (per metre width of the profile)
- Cold Rolled (CR)
- Pre coated galvanized under side giving durable and attractive appearance and minimum future maintenance.
| Nominal thickness!
||Area of Steel
||Height of neutral axis
||Moment of Lnertia
|Moment carrying capacity
|Span in meters
||Load carrying capacity for various spans in Kg
Permanent Formwork Profile Range
We manufacture profiles which are used as permanent formwork. Permanent formwork remains in situ for the life of the building but, unlike composite flooring profiles, it does not Act as reinforcement in the concrete slab.
- The steel decking supports the wet concrete and construction loads.
- Temporary propping can be eliminated.
- The concrete slab requires full structural bar or mesh reinforcement.
|Maximum spam (m) Single or double span
||Concrete slab depth above profile